Guacamole. Discover our recipe.
- 2 small fully ripe avocados
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander (optional)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 or 2 minced fresh or bottled jalapeno peppers or hot pepper sauce to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Pit and peel avocados; mash with fork until smooth or chunky as desired. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface to prevent discoloration. Makes about 1-1/2 cups (375 mL).
Tip: To pit avocado, cut in half lengthwise down to the pit; twist the two halves back and forth until they separate. Stick knife blade into pit and wiggle pit until it loosens.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!