The Gourmandize Team
Guacamole. Discover our recipe.
Rate this recipe 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
Recipewe ♡ 1 Picture
- 2 small fully ripe avocados
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander (optional)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 or 2 minced fresh or bottled jalapeno peppers or hot pepper sauce to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Pit and peel avocados; mash with fork until smooth or chunky as desired. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface to prevent discoloration. Makes about 1-1/2 cups (375 mL).
Tip: To pit avocado, cut in half lengthwise down to the pit; twist the two halves back and forth until they separate. Stick knife blade into pit and wiggle pit until it loosens.
You'll also love
- Superfood CHIA breakfast pudding... 5/5 (104 Votes)
- Home made peanut sauce 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Turkey Jerky 4/5 (107 Votes)
- Tom Tom Drums (Chicken Legs!) 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Shahi pasanday 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Crab Dip 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- DRUNK SALSA 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Korean Pancakes 4.1/5 (55 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe