- 1 shot tequila or rum
- 5 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 white onion
- 3 jalapenos
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp chili powder
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Combine all ingredients. Let set over night refrigerated. Serve with hohomemade corn tortilla chips.
To make a chunky salsa, blend half and add a can of crushed tomatoes.
You'll also love
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines 4.3/5 (198 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.3/5 (175 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Silly Salt Seasoning 4.5/5 (147 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Domplines 4.3/5 (154 Votes)
- MEXICAN PIZZA 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Toshka/Maria 5/5 (41 Votes)
- Tortilla Pie 4.2/5 (97 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!