RECIPE: Grilled salmon with orange & pomegranate salsa
This recipe is more about the salsa than the salmon. It makes a wonderful dinner accompanied by rice/couscous and a vegetable, or alternatively, as a nice salad.
Healthy, light and OH SO DELISH!
- 4 Salmon filets, 6 oz each
- 3 Minneola Tangelos, sectioned into supremes
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 Large white onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- 3 large japalenos, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp cumin seed, toasted and ground
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Put the tangelo supremes, lime juice, pomegranate seeds, cumin, jalapeños, cilantro and onions into a medium to large bowl. Add salt and pepper. Gently toss to incorporate so as not to break up the supremes. Taste and adjust seasoning, as needed. Set aside.
Lightly oil salmon to keep it from sticking on the grill. Season salmon with salt and pepper, to taste. Place on grill over medium high heat, flesh side down. If you start by cooking the flesh side down first, the salon will not fall apart on you when you turn it. You also get nice grill marks. Depending upon the thickness of your filet and how done you like your fish, cook 2 minutes and turn. Cook on the other side (skin side) until you reach the desired doneness, roughly another 1 - 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
To plate, place a salmon filet on the plate and spoon the salsa over the top. Serving suggestions include rice or couscous and grilled asparagus. Alternatively, you can serve this dish as a salad by placing the salmon filet on a bed of mixed greens/lettuce and spooning salsa over the top.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Dark chocolate fudge brownies with... 4.4/5 (77 Votes)
- Fish and Vegetable Casserole 4.8/5 (72 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Herb Crusted Salmon with Arugula... 3.5/5 (148 Votes)
- Green salad with salmon and avocado 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Lovers Balsamic Glazed Rack of... 4.4/5 (46 Votes)
- Mom's Taco Chicken 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Orange- Peach Drank 4.7/5 (56 Votes)
- Fish Marinated in Lime 4.4/5 (57 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Pomegranates are delicious but so hard to peel! Getting to those little red pearls can be quite the challenge sometimes. That's why we teach you the easiest way to de-seed a pomegranate, without all the fuss!