Bourbon Chocolate & Pomegranate Cake YummmeeZ
Bourbon Chocolate & Pomegranate Cake. Discover our recipe.
- THE CAKE~~
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 tbl vanilla
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 tbl instant espresso coffee
- 2 tbl 100% natural cacao powder
- 1 3/4 cups oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut (optional)
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1 cup chopped almonds (put in food processor to make pebble mixture)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds (divided)
- THE DRIZZLE~~
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate (70%) cacao)
- 8 oz 62% semi-sweet chunks (divided)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp oil
- Finishing Sea Salt
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 22mins
In a large mixing bowl with a mixer, combine the butter and sugar beating for about 3 minutes. Add the bourbon, vanilla, eggs and blend well.
In another bowl combine and blend the espresso, cacao powder, oat flour, baking powder, salt and blend. Combine half into wet mixture, mix, and combine the remainder. Fold the almonds, coconut (optional) and about half of the pomegranate seeds. Pour into a greased baking dish~~about 1 1/2 to 2 inch thickness.
Bake in a preheated 350 oven about 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out basically clean from the center.
For more moistness reduce baking time to about 18-20 minutes. Let cool completely before putting on the drizzle.
Put the chocolate (both types) in a glass bowl that will go atop a double boiler. Microwave the chocolate about 30 seconds on high. Place on the double boiler (hot water) & whisk in the cream until smooth. Add the salt and oil and blend. Cool somewhat and put in a squeeze drizzle bottle. When the cake is cool, drizzle with the chocolate.
Sprinkle on the remaining pomegranate seeds and sprinkle with finishing salt.
Let the cake cool completely before drizzling on the chocolate.
Use a squeeze bottle for drizzling the chocolate.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!