The Best Chocolate Cupcakes
- For the cake:
- 2 eggs
- scant 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of chocolate (dark or milk)
- For the icing:
- 1 stick of softened butter (not melted above)
- Has 6 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- food coloring
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 120mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
To prepare cake:
Preheat oven to 350 ° C. Beat eggs and sugar. Add flour and baking powder.
Melt butter and chocolate together in a double boiler and add to mixture. Mix.
Fill each individual mold to 2/3 and no higher. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
For the frosting: Beat the softened butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and food coloring with a mixer.
Cool cupcakes and put the frosting in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
Ice your cupcakes and add decorations of your choice.
ATTENTION, the cakes should not be hot when you begin icing.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Cup Cakes 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Mysorepaku 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel... 4/5 (16 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Sex In A Pan 3.9/5 (127 Votes)
- Strawberry Pineapple Cake 3.9/5 (71 Votes)
- cream cheese frosting 4/5 (40 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Carrot Cupcakes 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- German Chocolate Cupcakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!