The Apple in this recipe makes for a super moist muffin/cake
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 cup Canola oil
- 2 cups Raw Carrots, Grated
- 2 cups Apples, Grated
- 1/2 cup Pecans or walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Raisins
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside
In mixer's bowl, mix the eggs, sugar and oil until thickened.
Fold in the flour mixture until incorporated.
With rubber spatula, fold in the grated (food processor works best) carrots and apples, as well as the raisins.
Divide into 20 cupcake liners, and bake 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Ice with Cream Cheese Frosting, or eat them alone as a muffin.
Makes great mini-cupcakes as well.
You'll also love
- Dirty Worms 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Soup 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Chocolate Chunk Butter Tarts 4.2/5 (37 Votes)
- Chocolate Caramel Tartlet 3.8/5 (19 Votes)
- Waldorf Salad 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Better than sex cake 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Marble upside down cake 3.8/5 (29 Votes)
- Thermomix salsify, carrot and leek... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.