Chocolate Chunk Butter Tarts
Rate this recipe 4.2/5 (37 Votes)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- Chocolate chunks (2-4 squares semi-sweet chocolate)
- 12 medium tart shells
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Combine all ingredients.
Place a couple of chocolate chunks in the bottom of each tart shell. Spoon mixture into tart shells.
Bake in a 450 f oven for 12-14 mins.
You'll also love
- Better than sex cake 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Nut-Free Banana Bread 3.8/5 (22 Votes)
- Marble upside down cake 3.8/5 (29 Votes)
- St. Tropez Tart 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- PUMPKIN TARTS 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Nana's Butter Tarts 3.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Classic Chocolate Pie 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Cissy's Chocolate Pie 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Chocolate Beetroot Cake
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!
Review this recipe