Classic Chocolate Pie
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 and 1/2 Tblsp Cocoa
- 4 Tblsp Flour
- 1 C white sugar
- dash of salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 C milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tblsp butter
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix flour, sugar, and cocoa together and set aside.
In a medium saucepan bring egg yolks milk and salt to a boil.
Stir flour mixture into boiling milk until thickened.
Take off heat then add butter and vanilla.
Let cool slightly in saucepan.
Pour into cooked pie crust, then refrigerate.
Top with whipped cream and serve.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!