Chocolate: 16 hacks for the addicts among us
From tanning lotion to chocolate bowls, face masks to cakes, here are the best things you could be doing with cocoa in all its lovely forms.
© The Gracious Wife
Easy chocolate curls
Chocolate curls...they look so pretty piled high on a cake or scattered over waffles. But seriously, who could be bothered with all that hard work of melting chocolate and pouring it onto slabs and scraping it carefully into twists with a knife? Enter the potato peeler method—it's truly your cake decorating salvation!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!