Irresistible Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips (or mint chips)
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 8mins
Cost Average budget
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well
Combine flour, cocoa, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Stir in chips
Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet
Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes (do not overbake, cookies will be soft. They puff while baking and flatten when cool)
Cool slightly. Remove from cookie sheet
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!