- 1 cup yoghurt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup butter ( 1/2 lb butter)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- pista or badam
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix the flour, butter and baking powder until crumbly.
Add yoghurt into above mix and make it into a dough.
Make some balls and press and make a dent (hole) in the middle (making it like a mini-doughnut).
Fry on medium heat (slow).
Make the syrup with water and sugar and make a little more than 1 tar.
Dip a few in syrup and take out with slotted sppon, and lay on wax paper and sprinkle with ground pista or badam.
Makes 50-60 small pieces.
You'll also love
- Adhirasam (A sweet snack) 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Christmas Treat: Brownie Cupcakes 4/5 (10 Votes)
- KFC Zinger 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Butter Chicken 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Swedish Sugar Cookies 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Mullu Murukku (Spicy Snack). 3.8/5 (29 Votes)
- Easy Homemade Doughnuts 4/5 (9 Votes)
- BAKED SUGAR DOUGHNUTS 4/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.