The Only Apple Pie Worth Eating
- pastry for 9 inch pie shell
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 pounds cooking apples
- 1 egg
- 1 generous cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
peel, core and wedge the apples. Coat in sugar, flour and cornstarch mix and put into pie shell
mix egg and sour cream and spoon over apples
combine second amount of sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over
bake on bottom rack at 350 degrees for about 1 1/4 hours, until apples tender-crisp and crust golden. Cool and enjoy.....a lot!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.