Salty Sweet Cucumber and Salmon
- a cucumber
- one granny smith apple
- 3 or 4 slices of smoked salmon
- Half lemon juice
- 4 tbsp cream
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- salt and pepper
- finely chopped dill
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut the cucumber into thin slices and place in a colander with salt. peel and cut the apple into quarters and then into thin slices, pour 1/2 lemon juice over the apple.
Rinse the cucumber under water and then press in a cloth to remove the excess water in cucumber.
Cut the salmon into small pieces or use smoked salmon sold vacuum packed in the store. Mix apple, cucumber and salmon in a bowl.
Prepare the sauce: 1 tablespoon of vinegar, pepper, little or no salt (because of the salmon!), Add the cream, whisking to emulsify with a fork, pour into bowl and mix well , sprinkle dill over, cool and enjoy!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.