Prepare the night before for a fast and fancy Christmas breakfast
- 6 thick slices of bread with crusts cut off (used 2 unsliced loves)
- 1- 2 cups cubed Ham
- 1 cup grated old(sharp) Cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped red & green peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 tsp tabasco sauce
- 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1tsp dry mustard
- 2 cups fine bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Grease 9x 13" pan
line bottom of pan with half of the bread slices
put ham over bread and grated cheese over meat
top with other half of bread slices
beat eggs & milk together
add the peppers, onions, sauces & dry mustard eggs & milk
Pour into the pan, cover and let stand in fridge overnight
in am mix bread crumbs and melted margarine & spread overtop
Bake at 350 for 1hour
let stand for 10 min before serving
You can use bacon in place of or combination with ham.
do not omit bread crumb topping as mixture may burn but can reduce amount if desired.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!