Christmas Treat: Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Super easy and decadent chocolate strawberries!
- 16oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 2 tbsp Shortening (some people like to use paraffin wax)
- 1 lb Fresh Strawberries, cleaned and dried really well - with leaves on them
- 2 oz white and/or dark chocolate
- You Need:
- Double Boiler
- A large piece of Styrofoam (or new floral arrangement foam)
- Baking sheet covered in waxed paper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
On the top of a double boiler, melt the chocolate and shortening (or wax). Stir frequently until totally smooth.
Stick a toothpick into the top of the strawberry (make sure it's in there securely). Holding them by the toothpick, dip the strawberries.
Let any excess drip off, and then turn the strawberries upside down and sick the toothpick into the foam, where they will stay securely until the chocolate is set.
When the chocolate is totally cooled, remove the toothpicks and set them on the baking sheet. Melt the decorating chocolate in top of double boiler. Drizzle the chocolate over the strawberries (on the chocolate part) - use a fork to "fling" the chocolate around to create design, or if you are very creative you can use an icing bag to create ziz-zag designs.
Set them totally in the fridge for an hour before moving them to storage containers. Keep in the fridge.
You'll also love
- Christmas Quiche 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Delicious cake with curd custard 3.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Peanut-butter cheese ball 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Ranch Cheese Ball 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Thiruvathirai kali...a sweet rice... 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Strawberry Fluff Salad 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Brownie in a Mug 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Cake and sauce 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.