Recipe for chocolate-covered strawberry cheesecake bites
Fresh strawberries with cream cheese filling, dipped in chocolate and graham crackers!
Fresh strawberries with cream cheese filling, dipped in chocolate and graham crackers: Step-by-step recipe HERE
- 1 pkg semi-sweet (or milk) chocolate chips (or baking melts)
- 2 Tbsp butter or shortening
- 1 sleeve of graham crackers, crushed into crumbs
- 1 large container of strawberries or 2 small ones (1 quart)
- 6 oz cream cheese, softenend
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- zest from 1 lemon (about 1 tsp)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Wash and hull the berries, leaving a hole in the top of each berry. Dry completely.
In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla. Beat until smooth and creamy. Transfer into a piping bag or a gallon sized zip lock bag. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Crush the graham crackers in a ziplock back with a rolling pin or spin in a food processor. Place in a small bowl and set aside.
Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment or wax paper. Set aside.
In a double boiler or microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate with the shortening or butter. If melting in the microwave cook on high for about 20 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir the chocolate. Return and cook on 10 second increments until the chocolate is smooth. Do not over cook the chocolate will get thick and lumpy and will not coat the strawberries nicely. If you are having a hard time with the chocolate you can add more butter/shortening and reheat until smooth again.
Remove the filling from the fridge and pipe into a hollow strawberry. Dip the filled strawberry in melted chocolate then immediately into the graham cracker crumbs. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with each strawberry until both pans are full then refrigerate the baking sheets until the chocolate is set.
Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. The filling can be made a day ahead and the strawberries a few hours in advance. There were a few left over the next morning, but they didn't last long, so I can't say 100% for sure how long they will last refrigerated. I would guess about 3 days.
You'll also love
- Easy Chocolate Cupcakes 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Triple Chocolate Glazed Brownies 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Dark chocolate fudge brownies with... 4.4/5 (79 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn House Special; Beignets 4.3/5 (151 Votes)
- Plum Berry Cobbler 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Beignets with Bourbon Walnut Sauce 4.3/5 (141 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Amazing Kinder Bueno Flavored Ice... 4.2/5 (261 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortcake 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This no-bake dessert is so quick, so easy, and oh so delicious!
- 12 strawberries
- 8 oz cream cheese (1 package)
- 1/2 cup powedered sugar
- 4 small graham crackers
- Hull the strawberries.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and sugar.
- Fill each strawberry with the cheesecake filling.
- Smash the graham crackers and sprinkle on top.
- Serve and enjoy!