Beignets with Bourbon Walnut Sauce
Beignets with Bourbon Walnut Sauce. Discover our recipe.
- 1 c Bourbon Vanilla Sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 c Bourbon
- 1 TBS Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- a dash of salt
- 3 TBS milk
- 1/4 c chopped walnuts
- 2 cups of butter-flavored shortening
- 1 can of large flaky biscuits
- cut into fourths
- Powdered sugar
- Click this link to explore all of Bourbon Barrel Food's exciting products: Bourbon Barrel Foods
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 45mins
Cost Average budget
In a small sauce pan, melt the stick of butter. Add Bourbon Vanilla Sugar and whisk the mixture until the sugar dissolves and begins to boil. Add bourbon, milk, Bourbon Vanilla Extract, salt, and walnuts. Stir the mixture for 30 seconds-1 minute. Set aside.
In a large sauce pan, melt the shortening on medium.
In batches of 5-6 fry the biscuit fourths for two or so minutes (they burn easily). Set the pieces on a plate covered with a paper towel. Cover the biscuits with powdered sugar and serve with the warm bourbon sauce.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge 4.3/5 (385 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Drop Donuts 4.1/5 (390 Votes)
- Cider-Mill Stuffed Apples 4.4/5 (354 Votes)
- Mushroom, Red Wine Demi Glaze 4.5/5 (209 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines 4.3/5 (200 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Five Minute Fudge 3.9/5 (216 Votes)
- Puerto Rican Domplines 4.2/5 (169 Votes)
- Crock Pot Homemade Applesauce 3.4/5 (193 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Learn how to make authentic homemade tomato sauce. It's easy as 1-2-3!