Nana's Cherry Squares
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 tsp Icing Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup cut up Maraschino Cherries
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Base: Blend well & put into 8 x 8 pain. Bake @ 350 for 10 minutes & cool.
Topping: Mix ingredients & pour on base.
Bake until firm.
Ice with thin butter icing - add almond extract to icing for more flavour.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.8/5 (464 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (229 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Five Minute Fudge 3.8/5 (217 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake 3.9/5 (183 Votes)
- Insanely delicious cookies from... 3.2/5 (234 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Beignets with Bourbon Walnut Sauce 4.3/5 (140 Votes)
- Nanking Cherry Liquer 4/5 (68 Votes)
- Christmas Treat: Cherry Snowballs 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.