Fruit Gazpacho with Jam and Fresh Strawberries
By Bonne Maman
- 1 jar of Cherry Jam,
- 1 1/2 lbs of strawberries,
- 1/2 lb lychees,
- scant 1 cup water
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 bunch of mint
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Wash strawberries and hull. In a blender place the strawberries, 2/3 of the jam. Mix. Add water gradually until a mixture becomes a smooth liquid texture. Pepper sparingly and taste to correct seasoning.
Cut the lychees into small pieces and then divide among 4 bowls. Pour the gazpacho into bowls and garnish with a sprig of mint.
You'll also love
- Berry Good 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Strawberry Tarts 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Blueberry Rolls 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Strawberry Layer Cake with Cream 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Classic Cherry Blackberry Pie 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Simple shortcake with crumble 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Moroccan Lamb with Cherries 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Mini Cheesecakes with Cranberry... 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!