Genius Tricks To Always Pick The Best Fruit
Tired with all the guesswork in the produce aisle of the supermarket? Here are a few easy tricks that will help you choose the freshest fruit every time.
1/7 View slideshow
- You shouldn't see any dark spots on the skin.
- The heavier it weighs, the better. Ripe pomegranate fruit will weigh more than an unripe one.
- It should be firm to the touch, rather than soft
- Look at the stem. If it's green, that means it isn't ripe yet.
More steaming articles
10 gourmet condiments that will change... The best fro-yo parlors around the world 15 must-know entertaining hacks for...
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Rustic Cherry Tart
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!