Classic Cherry Blackberry Pie
Easy to prepare using fresh Blackberries and canned Tart Cherry Pie filling. Make your own crust or use ready to use refrigerated rolls - the result is still great.
- 2 - Refrigerated pie dough crusts
- 2 Cans Tart or no added sugar Cherry Pie Filling
- 2 - 1/2 pint Containers Fresh Blackberries
- 1 Cup Sugar plus more for dusting
- 3 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 /2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 Egg white
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Average budget
Pre-heat oven to 400 f.
Combine 1 Cup sugar with corn starch. In another bowl, add canned pie filling and almond extract. Fold in sugar, Fold in blackberries gently and 1 /2 of the butter.
Place one pie dough into a glass baking pie pan sprayed with cooking spray with flour. Prick bottom with fork to vent. Brush with the remaining butter. Fill Shell Place second Pie shell on top. Crimp sides to seal. Cut several slits in top to vent.
Brush with egg white, dust with sugar. Bake at 400 f for 40 minutes - . Cover with foil about 1/2 way into time to prevent over browning. Brush again with egg white and dust with more sugar.
When top is golden brown - (40-50 minutes) remove from oven and place on a rack to cool completely.
Great served with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping
You'll also love
- Plum Berry Cobbler 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Easy Blueberry Muffins 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Grilled Pineapple Snackers 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Curd "peat" cake 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Grumpy's pie 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Basic fancy biscuits 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Strawberry-Blueberry Pancakes 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Jello Cream Cheese Pie 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!