Easy Blueberry Muffins
An easy blueberry muffin recipe should be part of everyone's collection. Fast to make and easy to freeze and reheat for grab and go breakfast or snacks.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Cooking oil spray or muffin liners
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease and lightly flour a muffin pan or line with paper liners.
Mix together the dry ingredient in a large bowl. Measure the oil then the milk, use the same measuring cup to break and beat the egg. Mix everything together just enough to combine, some lumps are okay.
Measure the blueberries and add them to the batter, folding them in gently. Pour batter into the muffins tins about 3/4 full.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until done.
How Can I Make This Healthier?
Use 1/2 whole wheat flour instead of only all purpose white flour. Substitute some pureed fruit, like mashed bananas or applesauce for all or part of the oil. Have a bit of protein, like a few almonds, to keep yourself feeling fuller longer when you eat these.
How to Freeze Blueberry Muffins
The batter could be frozen ahead in muffin cups and baked later but I usually just freeze the baked muffins. Let muffins cool on a wire rack and then place in a freezer bag. Label, add to your freezer inventory sheet.
How to Thaw or Reheat Muffins
These can be thawed in the fridge or at room temperature for a few hours. You could also pop them in the microwave for a minute or in a warm (350 F/ 180 C) oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
You'll also love
- Plum Berry Cobbler 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Shortcake strawberry goo 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Razmatazz 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Creamy Eggs 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Healthy French Toast 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Quick Beef Stew 4.1/5 (34 Votes)
- Easy Original Cheeseball Recipe 4.1/5 (40 Votes)
- Strawberry-Blueberry Pancakes 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!