Healthy French Toast
This recipe is a healthy alternative to the more classic French toast because it uses olive oil instead of butter. Try this recipe for a healthy breakfast kick!
- Sliced Bread
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mix 1 egg with 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon
Dip each slice of bread into the egg and cinnamon mixture and sear in 2 tablespoons of olive oil for about 1 1/2 minutes per side
You'll also love
- Lemon Breakfast Crepes 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Chicken Cutlet in Indian Spices 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Golden Fried Oysters 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Tomato Pie 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- POACHED EGGS 4.1/5 (43 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread 4.1/5 (32 Votes)
- Sour Cream Banana Protein Bread 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Bacon Shallot and Pea muffins 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!