Cinnamon recipes for weight loss - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!
Top rated Cinnamon recipes for weight loss recipes
Healthy Muffins: Carrot, Apple, Cranberry
By teresa, Eat. Drink. Be Skinny!
Make the best use of juicer pulp and a few other healthy twists on your traditional, tasty, breakfast muffin!
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Vanilla Protein Powder*
- 1 T Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/3 cup Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup
- 6 oz Low Carb Yogurt**
- 2 Eggs
- Pulp of 6 large Carrots***
- 2 small Green Apples***
- 1 fresh Ginger grated
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup dried Cranberries
10 cake pops for all occasions
For weddings, birthdays, Halloween and baby showers, cake pops are about to become your go-to entertaining dessert! Brilliant ideas here....
Chocolate Chia Overnight Oats
By Karey @ Nutty About Health, Nutty About Health
This is for all of the oat lovers out there, as well as for all of you who complain that you don’t have time to e...
- 1/2c old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (use 1 Tbsp if you want it more chocolatey)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4c plain nonfat greek yogurt (I used Chobani 0%)
- 1/2c unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I used Almond Breeze)
- 6 drops liquid Stevia (or other sweetener of choice)
- 1/8 tsp almond extract (or other extract of choice)
- 1 tsp black chia seeds
How to peel ginger like a pro
The easiest way to peel ginger!
Healthy French Toast
This recipe is a healthy alternative to the more classic French toast because it uses olive oil instead of butter
- Sliced Bread
Oatmeal Banana Health Cookies
Quick and healthy oatmeal and bananas cookies
- 2 cups of Oatmeal
- 2 Bananas
- 1/2 cup of Oil
- 1/2 cup of Raisins
- 1/2 cup of Walnuts
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp of Vanilla
- pinch of salt
10 salty foods that have hidden sugars
By Déborah Deprez
These foods might taste salty, but they're secretly hiding loads of sugar!
Chopped Apple Bread
Chopped Apple Bread. Discover our recipe
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 round teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups peeled
- diced apples (I used Arkansas Black)