WHOLE WHEAT & FLAX BREAD for Breadmakers
100% whole wheat bread with ground flax
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1 room temperature egg (beaten)
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups whole wheat bread flour
- 1-2 tbsp ground flax
- 3/4 tsp bread machine yeast
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 3mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mix first 5 ingredients together and put in the bread machine pan.
Sprinkle the flour and flax on top of the ingredients already in the pan. Do not mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
Make a small "well" in the flour mixture and put the yeast in the "well".
Put the pan into the breadmaker and select "white" bread setting and 1lb loaf.
I only use whole wheat "bread" flour as it has more gluten and makes a much lighter loaf of bread.
Since I always make my own bread in the bread machine, I measure my flour and ground flax into zip-loc sandwich bags and store them in the freezer. This saves time when I need to bake a loaf of bread. Just be sure that the flour mixture is at room temperature when you use it.
You'll also love
- Shortbread Cookies 4.1/5 (108 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Pizza Dough in Bread machine 3.9/5 (119 Votes)
- Mint cake 2.5/5 (228 Votes)
- GARLIC PIZZA DOUGH (for the... 4/5 (109 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn This spiced French toast recipe... 4.6/5 (55 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Banana Bread 4/5 (86 Votes)
- Tirunelveli halwa with whole wheat 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Sour Cream Banana Protein Bread 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!