These are soft and moist: they are the best buns I've ever had in my life and originally come from a cinnamon roll recipe. I just exclude the cinnamon part!
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 cup warm milk
- I cup hot, mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup margarine (melted)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 beaten eggs
- 5 to 6 cups flower
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Proof the yeast.
Combine milk, potato, margarine, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl; let stand till lukewarm.
Add yeast mixture and eggs.
Add 1 1/2 cup flour and beat well.
Cover and let stand for 45 min till it bubbles.
Mix in 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 cups flour.
Form into balls that weigh 2 -2 1/2 oz. and place on cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Proof the yeast at between 105 -111 degrees Fahrenheit.
You'll also love
- Potato Pancake with Garlic, Herbs... 4.1/5 (27 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Coleslaw 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Sour Cream Banana Protein Bread 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Potato Wedges 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Vanilla French toast 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- CINNNAMON ROLLS 4/5 (102 Votes)
- Sauerkraut Rolls 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Mrs. Cheney's Potato Rolls 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!