Kitchen HACK: How To Peel A Potato In Seconds
This will save you so much time!
Life is busy, and peeling potatoes takes forever. Sometimes it's tempting to cook something else entirely rather than bothering with the slow, messy process of peeling everything.
But if you dread the task of peeling potatoes, here's a secret: there's a better way do it!
Simply clean your potatoes then score around the middle of each with a sharp knife. Don't cut too deeply and ensure that the ends of the score meet up. Cook the potatoes in boiling water, then drain and run them under cold water for a few seconds. Now you can gently peel back the skin, which should come away from the flesh very easily. Alternatively, you can try this highly entertaining but very effective method!
Want more genius cooking hacks in your life? We've got 99 of them for you, right here!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Comment on this article