Leek & Potato Soup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 medium potatoes diced (3 russets / 3 yukon gold)
- 3 large leeks
- washed & sliced thinly
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups milk
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cream
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
In a large pot or dutch oven, melt the butter and saute the potatoes & onions until softened.
Add the chicken or vegetable stock and water and bring to a boil.
Turn down and simmer until vegetables are cooked (about 15 minutes).
Remove from heat and with an immersion blender, puree half the mixture.
Gradually stir in the milk, lemon juice, salt & pepper and return to heat stirring often until hot & ready to serve.
This soup freezes well. Makes a great side dish or starter on a cold day.
The mix of white / yellow flesh potatoes add a splash of colour.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.8/5 (464 Votes)
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.8/5 (354 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (209 Votes)
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- Dog-Friendly Baked Potatoes 3.3/5 (180 Votes)
- Salmon Leek Lasagna 3.5/5 (188 Votes)
- Fish and Vegetable Casserole 4.8/5 (72 Votes)
- Ya-Ka-Mein 4.2/5 (95 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!