Chicken and Dumplings Soup
I came up with this recipe because I had leftover chicken. After Thanksgiving I often make this soup using leftover turkey.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 rib of celery diced
- ½ of a small onion diced
- 14 ounce can reduced sodium chicken broth
- 10.5 ounce can reduced sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1-2 cups of cooked chicken
- 5 count can flaky layer biscuits divided and cut into pieces
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a Dutch oven, sauté butter, celery and onions for five minutes.
Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
Stir in can of cream of chicken soup.
Divide the biscuits in half across the layers (which is why you want flaky layer biscuits), then cut each into 6 pieces.
Reduce heat and add cooked chicken.
Reduce heat and slowly add dumplings (in very small batches to keep them from sticking together), stirring constantly. After the dumplings rise to the top of the pot, simmer an additional 10 minutes.
Using flaky layer biscuits is the key to this soup.
You'll also love
- Cream of Chicken Curry 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Easy Dill Potato Salad 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Italian Chicken Parmesan 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken Tortellini Soup 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Bubble Pizza by Maria 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken Soup with Orzo 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Split Pea and Potato Soup 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Corn Meal Dumplings with Ham Hocks 4/5 (20 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.