Poor Mans Chicken & Dumplins
Quick, easy and Fast Chicken and Dumplins
- 2 cans of chunk chicken
- 2 , 32 oz. boxes of chicken broth or stock
- 2 , 10.75 oz. cans of cream of chicken soup
- 6 to 8 frozen or canned biscuites
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Place a large stock pot on the eye on medium to medium high heat
Open can chicken and dump in to stock pot
Open cream of chicken soup and dump into stock pot with chicken.
open and add one box of chicken stock to pot with soup and chicken and stir until soup and stock is smooth. Cover with lid
Bring pot to low boil
Remove lid and add biscuits one at a time using spoon to coat them with soup mixture. Cover and return to boil
in 10 to 15 minutes check on biscuits which should be puffed up. Turn biscuits over. Cover and let boil but watch for boil overs. You may need to low heat slightly.
After 20 to 25 minutes remove lid and turn heat off. Soup will thicken into a gravy .
Check biscuits by removing one onto a place and cutting in half. It should be light and fluffy on the inside and gooier on the outside to make really good dumplings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Cucumber Shrimp 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Sweet Shrimp and Pork Dumplings 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Tater Tot Casserole 4/5 (6 Votes)
- 7-up cake 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Grahamcrackalot 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Fajitas 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Chicken Souflette 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Broccoli Casserole 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.
Review this recipe