This is a personal creation.
- 1 cup butter- 1 cup brown sugar packed- 3to4 pkgs graham crackers- 1/2 to 1 cup coconut- 1 to2 cups milk chocolate chips.1 tsp vanilla extract.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Spray 2-3 cookie sheets with cooking spray, place crackers in a single layer on cookie sheets usually 4 wide by 5 long,set aside preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium saucepan melt butter or margarine,brown sugar and vanilla to a rolling boil,stir often boil about 5-10 minutes, pour evenly over crackers sprinkle with coconut and place in oven about 10-15 minutes watching carefully not to burn the caramel sauce. remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top and let melt ,spread chocolate over all crackers, place in fridge or freezer till chocolate is firm.break into pieces and enjoy.
times depend on ovens. you want the crackers to crack when breaking. but its just as good if your crackers are soft and gooey.
You'll also love
- Almond Biscotti 4/5 (6 Votes)
- peach cobbler 4/5 (6 Votes)
- One Meal Casserole 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Vanilla Pound Cake 3.6/5 (6 Votes)
- Carmel Sauce Grandpères 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Cheese cake 4/5 (5 Votes)
- easy apple pie 3.8/5 (96 Votes)
- Watergate Salad 3.4/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe