GG's Pecan Pie
Rate this recipe 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Mix 1st:
- 6 large eggs
- 1c firmly packed brown sugar
- 2c (16oz) white corn syrup
- 2t vanilla
- Mix 2nd:
- 4t lemon juice
- 2c chopped pecans
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Pre-heat oven for 10 minutes at 425°. Stir.
Pour into 2 deep dish pie crusts.
Bake for 10 minutes at 425°. DO NOT WALK AWAY! Reduce heat to 325°. Cook for 30 minutes or until set.
You'll also love
- Almond Biscotti 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Upside Down Pineapple Cake 4/5 (6 Votes)
- peach cobbler 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Vanilla Pound Cake 3.6/5 (6 Votes)
- Clam Chowder 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Mom Otteson's Pie Crust 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Peach Pie (also can be used for... 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Rustic Cherry Tart
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!
Review this recipe