- For the pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 4 tbsp iced water
- 1/2 cup chilled butter
- 3 eggs- beaten
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup halved pecans, more for decor
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and cut the butter through to resemble crumbs. Sprinkle water to form a firm dough. On a floured surface roll out dough into. Circle. Place in a pie dish and refridgerate.
Filling- in a bowl mix all the ingredients except the pecans.
Arrange the pecans over the crust, pour filling over the pecans.
Decorate with more pecans.
Bake in preheated oven of 350• for 1 hour or until Filling is firm.
Serve hot with icecream!!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!