Karo Nut Pie
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbls. flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Karo
- 1 Tbls. cream
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 stick of butter (or oleo/margarine)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix sugar and flour.
Beat in eggs, cream and karo.
Add butter and nuts.
Pour into pie crust. The nuts will float to the top, and you can arrange them however you want at this point. Or just leave it random.
Bake at 325 degrees for 50 - 60 minutes.
You'll also love
- Classic Chicken Pot Pie 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Chinese Sundaes/Hawaiian Haystacks 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Vanilla Pear Compote for babies 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Sheppard Rd. Pie 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Brownies 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Pecan Cookie Balls 4/5 (15 Votes)
- Best Loaded Mashed Potatoes 3.7/5 (46 Votes)
- Pound Cake Cookies 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!