- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Sift flour, salt, and baking powder together.
Melt the shortening and combine with the cocoa.
Combine both mixes, adding in the eggs and nuts.
Pour into a 9" greased pan.
Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
You'll also love
- Grandma Wood's Yorkshire Crackney... 3.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Marshmallow Delight 3.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Mom's Pineapple Squares 3.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Triple Peppermint Bars 3.1/5 (241 Votes)
- Watergate Salad 3.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Nanaimo Squares 3.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Nana's Bisquick Pizza Bake 3.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Baked Peaches and Yams 3.7/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Two of your favorite desserts come together...in the most DELICIOUS of ways!
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Add the chocolate and butter to an oven-safe mixing bowl and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove, and set the oven to preheat to 350°F. The mixture should now be a thin chocolate sauce.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg and stir until blended.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Blend the ingredients together.
- Using a sifter, add the dry ingredients into the chocolate batter, then mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Pour half of the mixture into a foil-lined baking tin.
- Smooth out the batter, then top with a layer of Oreo cookies.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top and smooth evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!