10 Original Pie Crusts You've Never Tried Before
Get creative with your baking, and try these 10 original pie crust ideas.
For your savory pies, consider making an olive oil crust. The dough is very quick to make and it has a mild yet delicious flavor. To make the dough: combine 2 cups of flour, 5 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and a little bit of water.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who will you make these elegant duck pastry pockets for?
- 1 whole duck breast
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3-4 slices ham
- 3-4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 3- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- Fry the duck breast in a pan until medium rare (or your preference) and browned on the outside.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry, and layer the ham slices in the middle.
- Spread the raspberry jam over the ham slices, and follow with the Muenster cheese, and the duck breast.
- Moisten the sides of the pastry with water, then fold to enclose the duck.
- Brush the pastry with the egg yolk, then score lightly with a knife.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 464°F (until the cheese is melted and the pastry is golden brown)
- Serve, and enjoy!