Fill with your favorite pie filling.
- 3/4 cup CRISCO
- 2 cups FLOUR
- 1 tsp SALT
- 9 or 10 Tbsp ICE WATER
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mix Crisco, salt and flour until crumbly. Add 2 Tbsp ice water at a time until forms ball.
Divide into 2 equal parts.
Roll out between 2 pieces of waxed paper that havs been floured.
Place in pie pan and fill with pie filling of your choice.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!