How to make pie crust without shortening - 8 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: pastry mince pies, quick pie crust, easy dough, easy pizza dough
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!
Top rated Pie crust without shortening recipes
Bisquick Pie Crust
In bowl mix Bisquick and margarine add 3 tbsp of boiling water preheat oven to 400 degrees Cook for 15 minutes
- 1 1/4 cup Bisquick
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 3 tbsp of water
QUICK & EASY SANDWICH BREAD PIZZA
Got pizza cravings? Here's how to make the shortcut version, starting with a few slices of sandwich bread!
Fill with your favorite pie filling
- 3/4 cup CRISCO
- 2 cups FLOUR
- 1 tsp SALT
- 9 or 10 Tbsp ICE WATER
Never have a sad SOLO MEAL again with this 5-minute quiche in a mug!
Pour 2 whole eggs into a mug. Add the milk. Add the salt and pepper. Whisk with...
Nana's Pastry aka Batchelor's Pie Crust
Cut lard into the dry ingredients
- 1 pound Lard
- 4 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- Cold Water
Easy Pie Crust
Perfect crust for most pies
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
30 dynamite ways to serve ice cream
There is so much you can do with this delicious, creamy dessert! Check out these 30 dynamite ways to serve ice cream.
Grandma's Pie Crust
An easy to make pie crust for when you don't have shortening in the house
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Cube butter. 1 cup flour
- Buter. powdered sugar. and flour
Quick and Easy Pie Crust
- 1 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt.
- 1/3 Cup Crisco
- 3-4 Tbsp. Water
Pie crust (Croute de tarte )
Mix vinegar and egg in a cup then fill with water
- 5 cup of flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tea spoon of white sugar
- 1 pound of grease
- 2 table spoons of vinegar
- 1 beaten egg
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!