Pie crust (Croute de tarte )
- 5 cup of flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tea spoon of white sugar
- 1 pound of grease
- 2 table spoons of vinegar
- 1 beaten egg
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix vinegar and egg in a cup then fill with water. Add to all the other ingredients. Makes enough for 5 pies
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!