- 1 c Flour
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1/4 c PLUS 2 T Shortening
- 2-3 T COLD Water
- 2 c Flour
- 1 t Salt
- 3/4 c Shortening
- 5-6 T COLD Water
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix dry ingredients
Cut in shortening.
Add COLD water 1 T at a time.
Chill one hour.
To Pre-Bake: Line crust with foil or parchment. Fill with dry beans. Bake 15 minutes at 425 or until golden
You'll also love
- Bisquick Pie Crust 3.9/5 (197 Votes)
- Chocolate sponge cake with gnash 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Holiday Taters 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Homemade Sweet & Sour Sauce 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Homemade fondant 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Never-Fail Pie Crust (Double Crust) 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chocolate Cream Pie 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Rice Crust 2.5/5 (174 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!