My Grandmas Pie Crust
The best crust i have ever tasted.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 tsp. Vinegar
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix all together and add water to make a dough ball. Roll out into your desired thickness.
You'll also love
- Emeril's Rich Chocolate Sauce 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Strawberry Carpaccio 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Sugar Cream Pie 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chiffon Pie 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Home made Noodles 3.8/5 (19 Votes)
- Homemade Ranch Dressing 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Graham Cracker Crust 2 4.1/5 (6 Votes)
- Jiffy Chicken Pot Pie 3.9/5 (104 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!