My Grandmas Pie Crust
The best crust i have ever tasted.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 tsp. Vinegar
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix all together and add water to make a dough ball. Roll out into your desired thickness.
You'll also love
- Strawberries with Chocolate Cream 4.3/5 (50 Votes)
- Christmas Treat: Chocolate Covered... 3.8/5 (21 Votes)
- Shepherd's Pie 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Josh's Pizza Pizzas 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Aye butter tarts 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Homemade Catalina Dressing 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Pie Crust 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Mom Otteson's Pie Crust 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!