Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
This is a family favorite. It is light and fluffy and you will want a second piece.
- baked pie shell (put in deep dish pie plate)
- 1 Tablespoon gelatin (mix into 1/4 cup cold water)
- 3 egg yolks (wash eggshells with soap before cracking, save whites)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin (Use 1 small can)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 white sugar
- 1 cup whip cream
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cook and stir egg yolks, brown sugar, pumpkin, spices and milk in a sauce pan. Cook until thick. Stir in the gelatin mixture and stir until dissolved. Set aside and let it cool.
In a large bowl whip egg whites until stiff but not dry. IF you pull the beater up the egg white should look like mountain peaks holding its form. Gradually stir in 1/2 cup white sugar. Fold into the egg mixture.
Fill the deep dish pie shell and chill for several hours.
Whip the cream until soft peaks form, add sugar to taste ( 2 Tablespoons). Top with whip cream.
You need to fold in the egg whites and not stir to keep the chiffon fluffy. This makes a lot of filling so you will need a deep dish pie plate.
You'll also love
- Lena's Little Cookies3 sticks... 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Sweet Potatoes 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Summer Cold Cake 3.9/5 (15 Votes)
- light crispy batter 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Egg Rolls 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Paprika Turkey Stuffing 3.8/5 (24 Votes)
- Pie Crust 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- PUMPKIN TARTS 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!
Review this recipe