Chiffon pie recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Sweet Potato Toast
Did you know you can toast sweet potato slices... and it's absolutely delicious!
- Slice an avocado in half.
- In a bowl, combine avocado with half an onion (diced) and coriander.
- Add the juice from half a lemon and some salt, and mix.
- Cut a sweet potato into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in a toaster, making sure to toast both sides.
- Spread the avocado mix onto the toast. Enjoy!
Top rated Chiffon pie recipes
Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
By Carolyn Haslam-ODea
This is a family favorite
- baked pie shell (put in deep dish pie plate)
- 1 Tablespoon gelatin (mix into 1/4 cup cold water)
- 3 egg yolks (wash eggshells with soap before cracking, save whites)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin (Use 1 small can)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 white sugar
- 1 cup whip cream
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar
No-Bake Lime Chiffon Pie
1. In 1-quart saucepan, place lime juice; sprinkle with gelatin
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk (from 14-oz can)
- 2 drops green food color, if desired
- 1 drop yellow food color, if desired
- 4 cups frozen (thawed) fat-free whipped topping (from 12-oz container)
- 1 graham cracker crumb crust (6 oz)
- 2 thin lime slices, cut into quarters, if desired