Not so shepards pie
A warm, hardy and filling dish.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 packet of instant mashed potatoes (prepared according to directions)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 can of corn or sweet peas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 can of refrigerated biscuits
- 18 by 8 casserole dish
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cook your ground beef and your onions until well done.
Place the hamburger and onion mixture into your casserole dish.
Layer the sweet peas on top of the hamburger mixture. cover with the cheese
Layer the mashed potatoes on top of the sweet peas.
Place the uncooked biscuits on top of the mashed potatoes.
Cook the casserole according to the biscuit directions, but you may have to cook it a little longer to make sure the biscuits are completely cooked.
Season to taste
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!