- 2 lbs chuck beef cut into large cubes
- 3 large onions
- 2 Tablespoons Crisco
- 3-4 Tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 4 carrots (peeled & cut into pieces)
- 1 quart water
- 4 large potatoes (peeled & cut into large cubes)
- salt & pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Dice onions and brown in melted Crisco in large pot,
Add beef, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and all of the paprika,
Let beef simmer in its own juices for 45min to one hour,
Add carrots, simmer 30 minutes,
Add water and potatoes, cook until potatoes are soft,
Serve over rice or noodles.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.