Rava Kichidi Chennai Style
- Oil - 4 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal/Black gram - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1/2
- Green chilli - 2
- Tomato - 1/2
- Carrot - 1
- Beans - 6
- peas - 50 gm
- Turmeric powder - 2 pinch
- Salt - 1/2 tbsp
- Water - 3 cups
- Rava/Sooji/Semolina - 1 cup
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat 4 tbsp of oil in a pan.
Add 1/4 tsp of mustard seed, mustard splutters.
Add 1 tsp urad dal.
Add chopped onion, green chilli.Saute until onion turns light brown.
Add chopped tomatoes, chopped carrot and peas. Saute for 2 minutes.
Add 2 pinch of turmeric powder and 1/2 tbsp of salt.
Add 3 cups of water, simmer the stove and close the lid for 5 minutes.
Add 1 cup of rava with constant stirring in order to avoid the lump formation.
Close the lid for 3 minutes.
Kichidi is ready, Serve with coconut chutney..
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!