Basic French toast
A Great Breakfast for everyone.
Basic French toast. Discover our recipe.
- 6 eggs
- powered sugar
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Beat about 6 eggs into a bowl , take your bread & soak into the egg mixture. Get skillet nice & hot with a bit of butter & place each slice of bread into the pan. when golden brown flip over & when that side's also golden brown it's done. Place into oven while making the rest
When ready to serve place a small bit of butter on top & sprinkle with powdered sugar, cover with syrup. Done & yummy
You can also add whipped cream or fruit to the top of the French Toast. Strawberries are a good choice but can use any kind you want.
You'll also love
- Chilli parotta chennai style 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Ginger Clams 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Armenian Potato Salad 4.2/5 (38 Votes)
- Spinach Quiche 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Tomato and Goats Cheese Tart 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Healthy French Toast 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Light French Toast 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Breakfast Casserole 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!