Light French Toast
Serve with syrup!
Rate this recipe 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp of milk
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of butter
- 10 slices of french bread slices
- icing sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Break the egg into a pie plate, beat with fork. Add the milk, salt and vanilla. Beat with fork
Melt butter in frying pan
Dip bread into egg mixture, turning to coat both sides. Brown both sides in the frying pan.
Put on icing sugar
French toast twist: make an ordinary peanut better and jam sandwich, continue with step 3!
You'll also love
- Sunnyside hash 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Paleo Banana Pancakes 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- My Mom's Noodle Salad 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Sauerkraut Rolls 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Carrot Souffle 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pork Fillet, French Toast with... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Garlic bread toast 3.9/5 (171 Votes)
- French Bread Pizza 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Tarte Tatin with Cherry Tomatoes
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!
Review this recipe