- 1 3/4 pounds carrots
- Powered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Boil the carrots until tender and drain well.
While the carrots are warm, add sugar, baking powder, and vanilla.
Whip with a mixer until smooth, add flour and butter, mix well.
Whip the eggs separately to pour into the mixture.
Pour the mixer into a baking dish, fill half way because it will rise.
Bake at 350F for about an hour or until the top is golden brown.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!