Beer Battered Fish with Vinegar Carrots
Hot Crispy beer battered fish along with vinegar carrots, perfect for meal or brunch.
- 2 Medium Bowl – To mix dry ingredients
- 1 Large Bowl – To mix all the ingredients
- 1 Medium/Large Non-Stick Frying Pot – Use as per availability
- 1 Large Plate – For dredged fish fillet
- 1 Tong – For Fish Batter
- Dishes/Serving Plates
- For Fish Batter ::
- 8 Fresh Fish Fillet - I'm using Cod Fish
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 Pint Light Beer - Cold
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- For Dredging ::
- 6 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tsp Pepper Powder
- ½ Tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ Tsp Salt
- For Frying ::
- 1 Cup Oil – I’m using canola oil
- For Vinegar Carrots ::
- 1 Large Bowl
- 5-6 Clean Large Carrots – Cut into ¼ in length
- ¼ Cup Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Salt
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients for vinegar carrots and keep in fridge.
Pat the fish fillet dry with kitchen towel making sure, they are completely dry and no water drips out of it.
In a medium bowl, mix together cornstarch, pepper, chili and salt.
Now take 1 fish fillet and coat it evenly with the cornstarch mixture on both sides (Dredge) keep aside on a plate and follow the same process for all the remaining fillet.
In a large bowl, pour cold beer and mix in flour and baking powder till a smooth pancake like batter is prepared.(Making sure no lumps are formed and the mixture is not runny or dry).
Heat oil in a non-stick pot for 5-6min or till you see some fumes starting from the oil.
Now using a tong (Chimta), take 1 fish fillet at a time, dip it in the beer mixture evenly coating both side and tap it in the side of the bowl to remove any excess batter.
Now place the battered fish fillet in hot oil and cook till both sides are evenly golden brown (4-5min)
Follow step 7-8 till all fillets are coated and fried.
Dab any excess oil off the fried beer battered fish using a paper towel and sprinkle some salt on it.
Serve freshly fried along with cold vinegar carrot.
You'll also love
- Fish Karahi 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken Parmesan Farfalle 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Amazing Homemade Waffles 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Steamed Butterflied Shrimp with... 4/5 (24 Votes)
- Cole Slaw 4/5 (16 Votes)
- Tiramisu with Smoked Salmon 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Moist Carrot Cake 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Garlic Butter Herbed Tilapia 4/5 (46 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.